2 Modes of Scorching Bluesbreaker Tones
Like their popular 1962 British Overdrive, Keeley’s 1962X delivers scorching Bluesbreaker tones. But unlike the standard version, the 1962X features an additional KT88 mode with a hotter output and meatier sound. Use this versatile overdrive pedal as a superb-sounding amp-in-a-box, or use it to propel your tube amp into glorious saturation. The 1962X is also supremely eye-catching, decked out in stylish Bluesbreaker-inspired graphics with a specially-printed “open back” back plate. But don’t procrastinate — Keeley is only going to build the 1962X while supplies last, so we don’t know how long they’ll be around. The 1962X 2-mode Limited British Overdrive is destined to become the star of your pedalboard.
KT88 mode steps the presence up a notch
Having two modes of operation makes the 1962X invaluable. KT66 mode produces the same tone as Keeley’s standard 1962 British Overdrive, churning out everything from mild breakup to out-and-out distortion. Flip to KT88 mode and a MOSFET transistor is inserted into the clipping stage, resulting in a forceful, gritty sound with lots of output. Place this versatile pedal in KT66 mode and use it as a volume boost, then crank up the Gain and enjoy a little British-flavored grind. Flip to KT88 mode and back off the Treble for full-on saturation, then crank up the Treble and Boost for fuzz-style tones. The possibilities are endless.
Tube amp-like gain staging yields killer tones
There’s a lot going on inside of the 1962X. Keeley started with the classic Bluesbreaker sound and combined it with a circuit lifted from their acclaimed Katana clean boost. The Katana circuit utilizes a pair of JFET transistors, which are arrayed like the tubes in a British amp, injecting the 1962X with preamp and power amp distortion characteristics. Place the 1962X in front of your favorite tube amp, and prepare to be amazed. Or if you like stacking pedals, the tone geeks here at Sweetwater have found that you can combine the 1962X with a vintage Klon Centaur for you’ve-got-to-hear-it-to-believe-it lead tones.
Keeley 1962X 2-mode Limited British Overdrive Features:
- Overdrive pedal that delivers scorching Bluesbreaker tones
- KT66 mode produces the same tone as Keeley’s standard 1962 British Overdrive — everything from mild breakup to out-and-out distortion
- KT88 mode inserts a MOSFET transistor into the clipping stage for a forceful, gritty sound with lots of output
- Dual JFET circuits are arrayed like the tubes in a British amp for tube-amp-like gain staging
- Stylish Bluesbreaker-inspired graphics with a specially-printed “open back” back plate
- Limited edition — only available while supplies last