Yamaha PSR-I455 Portable Keyboard
Of the 753 voices and 206 styles built-in, 19 voices feature Indian instruments and 26 styles provide automatic accompaniment ideal for Indian music. Naturally, the electronic tabla and tampura—which are indispensable to this type of music—can also be found here. In fact, this keyboard’s tabla and tampura can be set and played in exactly the same way as stand-alone instruments. What’s more, the PSR-I455 also comes with raga-mode practice songs that can be conveniently used for instrument and voice training.
The PSR-I455 also features a number of enhancements to core functions. It has its own 10- song, 6-track sequencer, as well as a USB TO DEVICE terminal for rapid, convenient storage of songs, styles, and Registration Memory data. Meanwhile, a pair of knob-type controllers provides for more-expressive live performances—for example, they can be used for real-time control of assigned effects such as filters or to modify Arpeggio function patterns, of which 162 different types are included. Not only keyboard playing, but also DJ performances can be made much more dynamic and exciting using these controllers.
The PSR-I455 can replicate a diverse range of instruments and musical genres from countries and regions all over the world, not just India. As such, it is suitable for a great many different types of music.
Whether studying, playing for fun, or performing for others, you will find everything you need packed into the stylish silver and black body of this class-topping super keyboard.
Tabla and tampura:
Featuring 16 patterns with five different sections, the PSR-I455 faithfully recreates the sound of the electronic tabla and tampura, rivaling stand-alone machines in the process. Tempo, transpose and balance for tampura / tabla can be freely controlled in real-time using the keyboard’s controller knobs.
Even more content optimized for Indian music—Extensive voices and rhythm styles, not to mention 12 Indian arpeggiator patterns:
The full lineup of 753 voices on the PSR-I455 features a total of 19 different Indian musical instruments, and of the 206 built-in styles, 23 provide automatic accompaniment perfect for Indian music. What’s more, the Arpeggio function also includes 12 uniquely Indian patterns.
Add to this a diverse array of voices and styles from Mexican, Arabic, Brazilian, Chinese, and other genres, and it is easy to see why this portable keyboard is ideal for many different types of ethnic music from all over the world.
Raga practice songs:
The PSR-I455 also comes complete with ten different raga-mode practice songs* which will prove highly useful in instrument or voice training.
*: Bilawal, Khamaaj, Bhairav, Kalyan, Asavari, Kalyani, Hamsadhvani, Mohanam, Hindolam, and Sankarabharanam.
USB TO DEVICE terminal makes it easy to store and recall data:
With a USB flash memory device plugged into the keyboard’s USB TO DEVICE terminal, you can easily save and load your own songs, as well as exchange data with a PC or another connected device.
Song mode—Record as many as ten songs, each with up to six tracks:
The PSR-I455 recorder supports a total of six tracks—five for melodies; one for styles and patterns. Combined, these tracks can be used to record approximately 19,000 notes (almost twice that of the previous PSR-I425 models). In addition, roughly ten songs of this size can be recorded and stored in the instrument.
Ultra Wide Stereo and many other advanced Yamaha effects built-in:
The PSR-I455 comes with a selection of powerful effects that other keyboards in its class simply cannot match. For dynamic control of the instrument’s overall sound, choose from nine types of reverb, chorus, harmony, and five different types of master EQ that can be used to sculpt the final output. What’s more, the instrument also comes with Ultra Wide Stereo—an acclaimed Yamaha audio effect that can be used to create a wider, more vibrant stereo mixes.
Four pads with eight banks of Registration Memory:
Using Registration Memory, you can store up to 32 complete setups of your favorite PSR-I455 settings for easy recall whenever needed. In addition, a Freeze mode has been added for the tabla and tampura. Specifically, this mode lets you retain Style or Tabla/Tampura settings when you switch to a different Registration Memory.
A song book containing the sheet music for the keyboard’s built-in songs can be downloaded free-of-charge.
Yamaha PSR-I455 Specifications:
- Keyboard Number of Keys: 61
- Keyboard Type: Organ Style
- Keyboard Touch Response: Yes
- Other Controllers Pitch Bend: Yes
- Other Controllers Control Knobs: Yes (x 2)
- Display Type: Custom LCD
- Display Size: 92mm x 42mm
- DisplayBacklight: Yes
- Display Language: English
- Voice Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 32
- Preset Number of Voices: 753 (incl. Indian 19 Voices)
- Preset Featured Voices: Indian Voice x 19, Sweet! Voice x 5, Cool! Voice x 3
- Compatibility GM: Yes
- Compatibility XGlite: Yes
- Effects Reverb: 9 types
- Effects Chorus: 4 types
- Effects Master EQ: 5 types
- Effects Harmony: 26 types
- Effects Ultra-Wide Stereo: 3 types
- Functions Dual/Layers: Yes
- Functions Split: Yes
- Functions Arpeggio: 162 types
- Number of Preset Styles: 206 (incl.Indian 23 styles)
- Fingering: Multi
- Style Control: ACMP ON/OFF, SYNC START, SYNC STOP, START/STOP, INTRO/ENDING/rit., MAIN/AUTO FILL, TRACK ON/OFF
- User Styles: Yes (5 Style)
- Easy Song Arranger: No
- Music Database: 305
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 110(Onboard, Incl.10 Raga Scale Song)
- Number of Songs: 10
- Number of Tracks: 6 (5 Melody + 1 Style/Pattern)
- Data Capacity: Approx. 19,000 notes/10 songs (when only "melody" tracks are recorded)Approx. 5,500 chords/10 songs (when only "chord" tracks are recorded)
- Recording Function: Yes
- Playback: SMF
- Recording: Original File Format(SMF conversion function)
- Number of Buttons: 4 ( x 8 banks )
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.): Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.6)/ Listening, Timing, Waiting
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 11 - 280
- Transpose: -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning: 427.0 - 440.0 - 453.0 Hz
- PIANO Button: Portable Grand Button
- Sleep Mode: Yes
- Preset: 16
- Sections: 5
- nternal Memory: 1.54MB
- External Drives: Optional USB Flash Memory
- DC IN: 12V
- Headphones: x1(/Output) , 1/4(6.3mm) TRS-Stereo Phone Jack
- Sustain Pedal: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE: Yes
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- Amplifiers: 2.5W + 2.5W
- Speakers: 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- Power Supply: Adaptor (PA-150A), or batteries (Six "AA" size alkaline (LR&), manganes (R6) or Ni-MH rechargable batteries)
- Power Consumption: 16W
- Auto Power Off Function: Yes.