Description of Tech 21 Roto Choir - Rotary Spkr Emulator
With its specifically formulated SansAmp technology, the Roto Choir guitar effect pedal delivers the entire signal chain of a vintage rotating speaker, from the original tube power amp to the low-frequency speaker and high-frequency horn, to the microphone used to capture it. This studio-quiet, roadworthy pedal can be used with guitar as well as keyboards, synths, and vocals, and to record direct.
The Roto Choir features a Fast/Slow footswitch which allows you to ramp up, slow down, or even stop the rotating speaker. There's a dedicated Top Speed control to custom-set the rotor speed and a Position control to adjust the virtual mic closer to or further from the horns. Other controls include Drive to adjust the amount of compression, harmonics, and grit; active dual-band EQ; and Level.
The Roto Choir's Biamped switch allows you to change to single speaker mode and there's a Speaker Sim switch for direct recording. Stereo output, buffered bypass, and a silent-switching, custom footswitch actuator completes the package. Operable with 9V battery (not included) or optional DC power supply
- Brand: Tech21
- Type: Guitar Pedal
- Latest instalment from Tech 21
- With the specifically formulated Sans Amp technology
- Able to take the coveted sound of a rotating speaker cabinet to the next level
- Gives you control over the entire signal chain of that classic rotary tone
- Helps by providing adjustments for low-freq. speaker, high-freq horn, original ""tube"" power and even mic placement
- Made from fine quality material
- Long lasting, durable