Your One-pedal Gig Solution
Tech 21 teamed up with Richie Kotzen from the Winery Dogs to create the Richie Kotzen RK5 Fly Rig effects pedal for electric guitar, and it's ready to be your complete live rig. With Richie's signature OMG overdrive plus delay, reverb, a powerful volume boost, and SansAmp cabinet simulation give you an outstanding sonic toolset for any gig or recording session. Gigging guitarists at Sweetwater know that it's not always ideal to bring your full guitar amp rig to every gig. When you need to hit the stage with minimal gear, grab the Tech 21 Richie Kotzen RK5 Fly Rig.
Tech 21 Richie Kotzen RK5 Fly Rig Multi-effects Pedal at a Glance:
- Richie Kotzen's signature OMG overdrive
- SansAmp section comes complete with Boost RVB ambience
- DLA section tops off your sound with vintage tape echo
Richie Kotzen's signature OMG overdrive
Based on Richie's OMG overdrive pedal, the overdrive section in the RK5 Fly Rig is voiced to sound like a sweet Class A tube amplifier. It's optimized for a tighter, quicker, snappier response, and you get level, tone, and drive controls to shape your sound. If you're after rich, vintage distortion for blues, classic rock, and other styles, the RK5 Fly Rig will serve you well.
SansAmp section comes complete with Boost RVB ambience
With all of the awesome guitar pedals and processors you'll find at Sweetwater, the SansAmp lineage is one of the most universally respected names in amp modeling. That's why we were absolutely thrilled when Tech 21 put a classic SansAmp analog preamp at the heart of the RK5 Fly Rig. Pre-voiced for clean tones, this preamp delivers all of the warmth and dimension you'd expect from a vintage tube amp, and when you crank up the drive control, you'll be rewarded with a variable range of texture and overdrive. A 3-band EQ lets you sculpt your tone, and an analog reverb based on the Boost RVB pedal provides you with a classic spring reverb sound that's so authentic, it'll have you looking for the reverb tank.
DLA section tops off your sound with vintage tape echo
A touch of delay is the perfect dash of sonic seasoning to kick up your guitar tone, and the RK5 Fly Rig more than delivers. The RK5 Fly Rig's DLA section is based on the popular Boost DLA vintage tape echo pedal. A range of between 28ms and 1,000ms lets you dial in thickening slap delays, long trailing ambiences, and anything in between. One of the coolest things about this delay section is the Drift control, which adds a dose of random modulation to enhance your sound. What's more, there's a dedicated tap tempo switch onboard, which makes it easy to adjust your delay timing on the fly.
Tech 21 Richie Kotzen RK5 Fly Rig Multi-effects Pedal Features:
- Signature Richie Kotzen multi-effects pedal for electric guitar
- Includes OMG Overdrive, Delay with Tap Tempo, Reverb, Boost, and SansAmp
- SansAmp amplifier emulation section offers you a massive range of amp tone
- Built-in parallel reverb lets you blend in smooth spring reverb sound
- DLA section provides vintage tube echo with adjustable modulation and tap-tempo control
- Entire pedal packs comfortably in your case or gig bag - no more clunky pedalboards!
- Includes 12V DC universal power supply that automatically adjusts to 100V-240V current
- All-analog signal path ensures high-quality sound that responds smoothly to your playing
The Tech 21 RK5 Fly Rig is everything you need at a gig!