Alesis Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller with Accelerometer.
Nostalgiac style meets modern technology.
The Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller with Accelerometer takes you back to the look and style of the popular 80's keytars but beefed up with the USB/MIDI technolgy of today. A Best of NAMM 2012 Winner (Gear Guruz), the Vortex eliminates the barrier between you and your audience by giving you the freedom to move around the stage and take the lead. With an extensive layout of touch-sensitive keys and velocity-sensitive pads on its pearlescent white body, and radical pitch and modulation controls on its neck, the Vortex empowers you to rule the stage.
The Vortex is the first keytar to include a MIDI-assignable accelerometer. Now, you can get out from behind your keyboard stand and be just as visual as guitarists and singers with an instrument that will respond to your motion. You’ll be able to create incredible volume swells, amazing pitch bends, vibratos, filter cutoffs and more with a simple tilt of the Vortex’s neck in the heat of the moment during live performances.
Keys, Control, and More
The Vortex includes even more features never before found on any keytar: both traditional MIDI and USB MIDI are onboard, empowering you to use the Vortex with all of your software instruments and synths on Mac, PC, and iPad*. You'll have a virtually unlimited palette of sounds, ready to command with one of the most exciting keytar controllers ever.
The Vortex comes ready for instant performance, automapped for today’s most popular software synths and DAWs. Plus, you can customize and create your own mappings for virtually any MIDI software.
Breathe new life into every performance with this incredibly expressive keytar. The Vortex’s neck controls are laid out ergonomically: Your thumb controls a volume slider and pitch-bend wheel while your fingers command nine front-facing controls that include a MIDI-assignable touch strip, and buttons for octave selection and sustain. Large transport and patch-select controls are centrally located on the Vortex’s body for instant access, and synth lovers will be happy to know that the Vortex’s 37 velocity-sensitive keys feature aftertouch to enable instant creative flourishes.
These ergonomic designs were included because with controllerists in mind, those of you who want to perform without limitations to your movement or sound set. The Vortex is bus powered when connected to a Mac or PC, and can also be powered by 4 AA batteries (sold separately) when used with MIDI modules and iOS devices including the iPad. Standard strap pegs are located on the Vortex's neck and body, and an adjustable strap is included.
Alesis Vortex Features:
- Dynamic, shoulder-worn performance keyboard with attention-grabbing looks
- First USB keytar controller—works with all of your software instruments & synths on Mac, PC, & iOS devices
- USB and traditional MIDI jacks for use with virtually any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Embedded, MIDI-assignable accelerometer for performance parameter control by tilting the neck
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and pitch bend wheel on neck
- Finger-controlled MIDI-assignable touchstrip, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact, yet complete melodic range
- 8 velocity-sensitive drum pads/sample triggers enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Large transport & patch-select controls for instant access
- Includes strap; standard guitar strap pegs are compatible with virtually any strap
- Bus powered when USB-connected to Mac or PC; battery compartment for use with MIDI modules and iOS devices
- Adjustable strap
- USB cable
- Software disc
- Quickstart guide
Alesis Vortex Specifications:
- Class-compliant USB 1.1 MIDI I/O
- 5-pin DIN MIDI output
- Powered via USB, four AA batteries (sold separately), or DC power adapter
- Dimensions: 2.2"H x 35.1"L x 10.6"W
- Weight: 6.5lb.